Job Title: Cook
Available Positions: 5
Approximate Salary: $18 per hour (CAD)
Education Level: High School Diploma
Experience Level: 11 – 20 Years Experience
Skills Required: Creative works , Time management , Adjusting to Unforeseen Circumstances , Creative , Food processing
Job Posted Date: 2021-12-03
Job expiry Date: 2022-01-02
• Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
• Plan menus, determine the size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
• Inspect kitchens and food service areas
• Train staff in preparation, cooking, and handling of food
• Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
• Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies, and equipment
• Clean kitchen and work areas
• Manage kitchen operations
• Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
Education: Completion of high school is required.
A minimum of 6 years of experience is required. If the candidate does not have at least 6 years of experience a post-secondary certificate is required. The proper fine dining experience in restaurants no fast food
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast-paced environment, physically demanding, standing for extended periods, repetitive tasks, work under pressure, attention to detail, handling heavy loads (up to 50 lbs).
Personal Suitability: judgment, flexibility, team player, organized, initiative, dependability, reliability, excellent interpersonal skills
Benefits: Dental, Vision, and Health care benefits provided. Accommodation provided at a cost (house with 3 to 4 bedrooms (around 600 to 800 CAD). Transportation costs are covered if the worker needs to relocate.
1) Flexibility in schedule is required. 2 days off on a rotational basis, 8 to 10h shifts. Wednesday to Sunday full time BETWEEN 11:00 AM and 12:00 pm-midnight
2) Candidates will be accepted only If they are vaccinated with an accepted vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Janssen/Johnson & Johnson, Bharat Biotech, Sinopharm BIBP, and Sinovac)