Job Title: Roofer
Available Positions: 40
Approximate Salary: $24 per hour (CAD)
Education Level: High School Diploma
Experience Level: 3-4 Years Experience
Skills Required: Ability to lift and carry weights over 70 pounds , Attention to detail , Avoiding Preventable Accidents , Adjusting to Unforeseen Circumstances , Interpreting Blueprints , Ability to use necessary tools and machines , Installation
Job Posted Date: 2021-12-03
Job expiry Date: 2022-01-02
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of experience in the trade is required.
- Familiarity with all types of roofing, such as tile, shingles, and metal is an asset
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
- Must be able to use nail gun/ compressors
- Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, physically demanding,
Handling heavy loads, Large workload, Bending, crouching, kneeling, Repetitive tasks, Hand-eye coordination, Manual dexterity.
- Personal suitability: Dependability, Team player, Reliability, Initiative, Accurate, Organized, Flexibility.
- Worksite environment: At heights, Noisy, Dusty, Outdoors, Hot
- Weight Handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs).
? Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes, and other roofing tiles on sloped
? roofs of buildings
? Install sheet metal flashings
? Install and repair eavestrough, soffit, fascia
? Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
? Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs
? Set-up property for shingle replacement
? Carry shingle debris to disposal bins
? Ensure job site is meticulously cleaned
? Install Skylights and Sun Tunnels
Benefits: Company vehicles might be provided depending on experience. Employers will purchase 4 bedroom homes and provide workers with a place to stay. It will cost around 500 - 800 CAD per month
Tools and machinery: Tools provided at no cost and safety equipment. They are responsible for the tools if something happens they will have to replace them at their own cost. Power tools will be provided if needed but workers will have to reimburse the company via payroll deduction.
-Uniforms are provided at no cost. They will get new uniforms every week
-Overtime and vacation paid.
-Air ticket to enter the country provided by the employer.
-After they prove themselves employer can help with the process to bring family
-Driver’s license is not a requirement but is an asset
-Age range 22 - 45. The majority should be in their 30’s
- Preferably people who don’t smoke
Important Information: Flexibility in schedule is required. The employee will work Monday to Friday, from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Shifts, overtime, and weekend work may be required based on the business’ needs. A minimum of 30 hours per week is guaranteed during the winter months.