Job Title: Cook
Available Positions: 10
Approximate Salary: £ (GBP)
Address: Ascension Island
City: Ascension Island
State/Province: Ascension Island
Country: United Kingdom
Education Level: High School Diploma
Skills Required: Chef , Food processing
Job Posted Date: 2021-08-23
Job expiry Date: 2021-09-22
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
• Prepares and cooks the quantity of food required according to the menu and the number of customers.
• Assists in preparing and serving appetizing, appealing meals using safe and hygienic methods.
• Ensures that the work area is safe, clean and sanitary at all times.
• Prepares foods as directed for special functions and visitors.
• Assists in cleaning kitchen work areas and the cafeteria after each meal.
• Unloads food and supplies from delivery trucks.
• Ensures compliance with USDA and all pertaining standards, policies, and regulations.
• Maintains accountability of customers and property; adhere to safety practices.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Accountable For:
• Timely and cost-effective performance of duties.
• Harmoniously working with other employees and customers.
• Working with the Project Principals to fully coordinate all activities.
• Effectively coordinate a number of projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrating initiative and problem-solving skills.
• Contributing to the successful completion of project initiatives.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Five (5) years previous food experience in a commercial or institutional environment, or as a line cook or prep cook.
• Valid state Driver’s License with acceptable driving record pertinent to the position.
• The ability to obtain and maintain a Favorable National Agency Check w/Inquiries (NACI); or the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance at the Secret level, as applicable to the position requirement.
• Ability to successfully pass any employment background check and/or drug testing required on the contract.
• Certified Food Professional and/or Associate Degree in Food Service Management.